The advisory committee sign ups for the June 2018 to May 2019 term have started. The sign up sheets for each committee will be displayed in the Management Office lobby and continue until mid-June 2018. For a membership sign up form, please click here Advisory-Committee-Sign-Up-Sheet. Membership rosters with contact information are due to the Management Office on or around July 1st. If you would like to start a committee that does not normally exist, please submit the names of at least three members with a proposed charter to the Management Office.
Committees are an excellent opportunity to meet your neighbors and serve the community by studying issues and operations and recommendations to the Board of Directors. Each advisory committee has a webpage to display its members and contact information and to post agendas and meeting minutes. Please e-mail your final drafts of meeting minutes, agendas, and roster of members (including contact information) to the Management Office. Sending your meeting minutes to this address will ensure that they are included in the Agenda materials for the Board of Directors meeting.
Advisory committees have no budgetary, legal, or supervisory authority over Association affairs, employees or contractors. Advisory committees provide written recommendations to the Board of Directors and the community. The TCA President and the Board of Directors may assign committees specific, discrete tasks and responsibilities, but these must be explicit and limited assignments. The Board of Directors also establishes ad hoc committees as needed, but these are for specific projects over defined periods of time.
Standing Committees shall consider specific issues of ongoing concern to the Towers community. A Standing Committee shall be established by Board resolution approving a committee charter setting forth the scope of the committee’s concerns. The Board may recommend changes to any committee charter before approving it.
The following Standing Committees and their areas of interest have previously been established:
• Athletic Committee. Policies and procedures related to the Towers’ athletic facilities.
• Budget & Finance Committee. Policies and procedures related to managing the finances of the Association, including preparation of the annual budget.
• Building & Grounds Committee. Policies and procedures related to the maintenance and appearance of the Towers’ common elements, including landscaping and décor.
• Communications Committee. Policies and procedures for promoting community awareness within the Towers, and responsibility for publishing the Towers Topics newsletter, the Towers website, and the Towers MATV channel.
• Library Committee. Policies and procedures concerning the Towers Library.
• Resident Activities Committee. Policies and procedures for promoting social activities within the Towers community, including welcoming of new owners to the Towers and sponsoring and promoting social events.
• Safety Committee. Policies and procedures concerning issues of safety and security within the Towers community.